Saturday, September 11, 2010

A visit from a very special friend...

Some of you may know Lian, a blogging friend I met when I was in the UK.
She does agility with her really wonderful, beautiful shelties and they have done so well in their trials this year.
Well, Lian came to Malaysia to visit her mom who has been quite poorly recently.
She also came to visit Eva and Mika, whom, by the end of the visit were worshipping her already! Now I know how she can build up such strong bonds with her dogs!

First of all, who doesn't love a person who buys you treats and stuffs them in your mouth! 

Eva also got this big round baby ball which, if you squeeze, will cry like a baby :)
This harness is meant to be for Mika because we want him not to strain other parts of his body while we walk him outside, and not to pull.
It isn't exactly a no-pull harness but it is very comfortable and is made of fleece.
Here is Eva modelling for it.

The lucky girl even got a really beautiful pink and white soft leash that can also be used for tug!

Lian really knows how to spoil our dogs, doesn't she?

Lian also helped us with other problems, like how to solve our truly horrible recall, Eva chasing at cars, etc.
Eva is now learning 'shy' too!






20 comments:

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

what a lovely, lovely visit you had with your friend Lian!

How nice it must be to meet a blogging friend in person, I have yet to be able to meet any of my blogging buddies in person but hopefully one day I will.

She was so generous bringing those lovely gifts for Eva and Mika!
So glad you had a wonderful time!

Cat Chat http://opcatchat.blogspot.com

BlogDog said...

Mika and Eva are lucky to have so much gifts! And that harness for Mika suits him very much, now that his leg is hurt. We love that cute pink ball for Eva too!

Bing&Ben
adoptedmutts.blogspot.com

Sara said...

What wonderful gifts from Lian. She is a great trainer, and I know we could all learn so much from her. It is nice that you and Lian have gotten to meet each other (and dogs!).

I hope her mom is feeling a bit better.

jen said...

What great presents!

I really like the harness and Eva's shy pose is precious:)

Noah said...

Eva and Mika are so lucky to have such a nice friend.

Dawn said...

Wonderful presents! I wish Lian could come visit Katie and me so that we could work on that car barking thing with her! Did she have any tips?

George The Lad said...

Great gifts you got there, I like the look of that harness for Mika, I have to say I don't pull on the lead, but it does look nice on you Eva, even if you are just modelling it, and learning shy will always get you treats, good one
See Yea George xxx

Vicky said...

Eva is gorgeous! I so want another Sheltie some day. Thanks for the pics...they made me smila.

houndstooth said...

How cool! I have some blogging friends that I'd just love to meet in person. I'm so glad you got to do that! She has great taste in presents, too!

Diana said...

Lucky you!! what wonderful gift too! Diana

Chris and Ricky said...

How awesome that Lian is visting you and brought you such cool gifts for the dogs and helped with training! I want to know what tips she gave you for the car chasing too!

Hope Mika continues to improve!

Hope Lian's mom is doing better!

Sagira said...

Wow, sounds like you had a great visit and got lots of goodies. I love the pink leash!

AC said...

Lian sounds like a wonderful person, with a real gift for working with dogs. And such generous gifts she brought for Eva and Mika!

Sage said...

Hopped by to say Hi! What wonderful gifts for your two. I really like the harness!

Kerry said...

Wow! It looks like you got spoiled! That harness sure looks comfy for Mika though, Kirby says he could even nap in that thing!

How neat that you have a blogger buddy that can help you solve some of those tough problems! :)

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Now THAT sounds like a really excellent visit and a pretty special visitor, glad it sounds like everyone had a great time!

Lola and also Franklin, too said...

That's a very, very special visitor all right. Tell her my door is always open if she's ever in this part of the world. Eva does a great modeling job and I never, ever saw a leash like that. It's so cool.

lotsa licks, Lola

Yas said...

That's mighty nice of your friend!
You are very lucky!

Cheers,
Maxx

Sierra Rose said...

Wow! Great great great!

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

Pico the Sheltie said...

WOW! Nice toys and treats! Eva, mind to you share it with me? :P

Priscilla, hope you enjoy your gathering with your friend, Lian. :)

 
Template by Deluxe Designs. Edited by Phang Photos